Read a Lot of Bad Stuff
If you are going to learn from other writers don’t only read the great ones, because if you do that you’ll get so filled with despair and the fear that you’ll never be able to do anywhere near as well as they did that you’ll stop writing. I recommend that you read a lot of bad stuff, too. It’s very encouraging.
Tags: creative writing, edward albee, Just write already, Laguna Writers, literature, quote about reading bad books, Quotes, read bad stuff, Sage Advice, tips on writing, Writers Resources, writing, Writing Fiction
I won’t tell you how I ended up beneath the pier, so don’t even ask. The last thing I remember is Rut barking at me in my trailer because he was trying to get at a chocolate bar. I put my foot right out in front of him and he looked up at me […]
In some respects, I’m afraid to finish, which is probably why I’m writing this instead of that.
It was earlier than either one of us should have been awake and the tapping rain on the windshield made me want to go back to sleep. The driver’s head bobbed with the jagged melody of the Chili Pepper’s Californication. You’re kidding me, I thought, making sure my passport was within reach and my boarding […]
Originally posted on eternal Domnation:
Well, in the name of putting myself out there, I’m posting a poem (I hear there is a cold front in Hell). God speed readers of eD. God speed. Time Zones (photo taken at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, I think) in the time zones the time knows when you sleep i…
I’ve spent the last few weeks, intermittently, outlining a new story. I’m using an old notebook – relegating my computer to the sidelines and testing the crisp boundaries of a lined page. It’s an awesome feeling when you’ve been out of the game for a while. Ink on paper – and in good times, a […]
- Do you remember when you joined Twitter? I do! #MyTwitterAnniversary https://t.co/n8fG7uqE7y 2 weeks ago
- @NHL @Bridgestone @NHLBruins @NHLBlackhawks @drewbrennan77 we in? 1 month ago
- I’m watching Home Alone, alone in living room, while kids are watching Home Alone 2, in our bedroom. #amwriting #kevin! #questioningthings 2 months ago
- Legends. https://t.co/c0Oc0My0WQ 2 months ago
- RT @NDFootball: The most celebrated rivalry in college football continues this Saturday night under the lights. #GoIrish ☘ #BeatTrojans h… 2 months ago