You fail only if you stop writing.
I’ve written about 2,000 short stories…and I feel I’m still learning.
My friend Suzanne, over at panhandleprofessionalwriters, posted her “Top Ten Book on Writing Everyone Should Read.” If you haven’t stopped by her blog, you should – awesome posts on authors, writing, books, conferences, and other creative writing topics.
Here is her list:
1. The Elements of Style by Strunk and White
2. Bird by Bird: Some Instruction on the Writing Life by Anne Lamott
3. On Writing by Stephen King
4. Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury
5. Ernest Hemingway on Writing Edited by Larry W. Phillips
6. The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battle by Steven Pressfield
7. How to Create a Sentence by Stanley Fish
8. How to Read a Book by Mortimer J. Adler and Charles van Doren
10. Word Painting: A Guide to Writing More Descriptively by Rebecca McClanahan
My list matched 6 out of the ten (so far), how about you? Do you have a list?